Registration 2020/ 2021
• Registration for 2020/2021 is now open!
• REGISTRATION PORTAL <- Click here to register!
Please note: Given the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, fall registration will be waitlist-only through June. This approach will let us offer our families additional protections in the event social distancing protocols continue into the fall. It is our hope that our community will have a better picture of what the next few months will look like by mid-June. All registrations will be activated once we do.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can register to play in Lewisburg AYSO?
- Any interested and age appropriate youth that lives in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania or any surrounding community.
What do I do if I missed the registration deadline?
- If you missed the registration deadline, but are still within the wait list period, please register your child as soon as possible. Families may still be able to register their children in the weeks immediately following the end of regular registration, depending on the caps established at the end of the registration period.
- Once the caps established at the end of regular registration are full, children will be automatically added to the wait list.
- Children on the wait list will be added to teams only if space becomes available in a particular division. Being on the wait list does not guarantee a playing spot, but it ensures the opportunity to take an opening. Open spaces will be filled from the wait list in the order in which they were received.
Can I request that two siblings in the same age group play together?
- Guardians may request this during registration, provided each child is in the same division.
Where are the games played?
- All games in the 6U and 8U divisions are played exclusively in Lewisburg against teams within the same division. There will be no travel beyond Lewisburg in either 6U or 8U. Divisions 10U and up will play games against all regions within Area K.
Can my child play in a younger division?
- No. Players are not permitted to play in a younger division.
Can my child play in an older division?
- Guardians may request that their child play-up at the next higher age group. This request must be made each year and will be considered on an individual basis. All requests should meet the following four criteria:
- The player's DOB misses the cutoff for the next division by five months or less at the start of the fall season.
- The player possesses advanced skills and a maturity level commensurate with the next division.
- Skill levels will be assessed by the first week of practice by a minimum of a two-person team consisting of the regional commissioner, the referee coordinator, and/or the coach coordinators.
- The requesting guardian must either coach or be an assistant coach on their child's team (6U-12U). Alternatively, guardians can referee several games [for other teams] throughout the season. All volunteers must complete the volunteer process.
- This requirement may be waived if the play-up request originated from the player's coach, the regional commissioner, referee administrator, and/or the coach administrators. The other three criteria will still apply.
- Moving the player up does not handicap or overload any team rosters within either division.
- Each play-up request must be submitted through the registrar before the end of the registration period where it will be reviewed by the Lewisburg AYSO Board of Directors.
Can I request a particular coach?
- No. Players are assigned to teams in an effort to create balanced teams throughout Lewisburg AYSO.
How can I make sure my child's practice falls on a specific night?
- Volunteer. The best way parents can ensure their child practices on a specific weeknight is to volunteer as their child's coach. Changing teams because of a practice conflict may not be possible if such a move affects the philosophy of balanced teams and/or another player is unable to change teams. Families should address practice conflicts with their child's coach before contacting Lewisburg AYSO.
When is the registration period?
- The registration period for the 2020/21 season will be May 15 - June 30, 2020. Players registered for fall 2020 are automatically registered for spring 2021.
What are the costs?
- The registration fee for the 2020/21 (fall and spring seasons) is $90 per player plus the cost of a uniform. There is a $15 per child family discount to register multiple children after the initial $90 fee (fall registrations only).
Where do the costs go?
- The following breakdown provides an overview of how each membership fee is applied to the Lewisburg AYSO program.
Can I get a refund?
- Effective May 1, 2017, Lewisburg AYSO is required to pay a non-refundable commitment fee of $20 to AYSO National at the time of registration, even if the player subsequently drops from our program. A processing fee of $5 will be added to this commitment fee to cover the cost of regional and area fees, as well as any credit card transaction fees. Therefore, a family with a registered child that decides not to play may receive a refund minus the $25 commitment fee if the player withdraws before the first day of practices.
- Players may receive a full refund for uniforms if the uniform is unused and returned to the Lewisburg AYSO equipment manager prior to the first day of practice.
- Players will not receive a refund of any kind after the first day of practices.
Does Lewisburg AYSO offer scholarships?
- Yes, we have a limited amount of scholarships available for families in need. Please complete the Scholarship Application to be considered. All applications are decided by the Board of Directors.
What about players with special needs?
- AYSO is proud to offer a very special program for developmentally disabled children and adults. The VIP (Very Important Player) program provides a safe, fun environment with trained coaches, VIP Buddies, and volunteers who facilitate an enriching experience that the players and their families will cherish forever. Beginning in 2018/19 Lewisburg AYSO will be partnering with our friends at Montoursville AYSO to offer a VIP option to all of the players in Area K that would benefit from this fantastic program. The cost for the VIP program and a jersey is the $27.50. Please contact us or visit Mountoursville AYSO for more information.
What can I do to ensure that my child has a positive experience in youth soccer?
- Become involved in the program! Lewisburg AYSO is a 100% volunteer organization. Our program would not exist without volunteers. We need positive coaches, referees, team parents, and field maintenance help week in and week out. Please see Become a Volunteer for more information.